20 January 2010

getting around...

We are slowly discovering each day that there is a greater need than we thought for me to get myself a car.

Although we are doing alright at the moment car sharing, me being here on my extended break without a car means I am totally having to rely on Deanna and her Lexus, which is cool of course but when it comes to me taking her to work, getting the boy from school then going out again to pick her up, we are using more fuel than is really necessary. However, it is unavoidable.

Which leads me to the following: The other day whilst taking her to work we passed a car on the side of the road for sale. It was awesome, typical American car, and I was all..." WOW, that car is AWESOME!!"

Today, I went back to take a picture, find out what it was and get the price.

The car is a 1972 Pontiac Le Mans and you guessed it, it's out of the budget range, and at $5,200 it's about $4,200 above budget.

Looks like I will just have to keep on looking.....sigh

(i would look totally rad in this)

2 comments:

Marc Warren said...

Yeah baby! I could see you in that with your head outside the drivers window with shades on, Ace Ventura style :-)

tinshedman said...

Hmmm! not the right one for an englishman "over there".